Save money this winter
Solar heating is a sustainable and affordable way to enhance your swimming pool construction and renovation. The temperatures are falling and the days are getting shorter. We must begin to think about alternative use for our swimming pool. Soon our focus will be on ice laden sidewalks, when just weeks ago, the first thing that came to mind was ice cream and swimming. While it may be getting colder, we can definitely find ways to extend the swimming season.
We dread the possibility of increased heating expense for the home, much less, the pool. Solar pool heating technology has provided a solution that can save us money at a time of the year when we use our pool the least, if at all. Solar heating is a low maintenance and affordable way to heat your pool water using the energy from the sun. Stop paying the high energy cost of standard pool heaters.
Understanding solar pool heaters
Solar water heating systems consist of basically three different types of collector and circulation systems. All three types operate the same way; they function by trapping the heat of the sun and transferring it to your home or pool. They are as follows:
- Batch Collectors – This system uses insulated boxes that contain heat absorbing tubes that can store warm water for long periods of time. They are generally used for heating homes, barns, garages, or for heating water in the home.
- Flat-Plate Collectors – This type of solar heater uses flat absorber plates that are fitted with copper tubes. The tubes are sealed and contained within an insulated box. This type of collector is primarily used for home water heating. Ideally, it stores up to 40 gallons of water, taking the place of a conventional water heater.
- Evacuated Tube Collectors – This is the most efficient type of solar heater collector available today. Tube collectors consist of glass tubes that are vacuum sealed. The end result is minimal heat loss, and maximum efficiency. This type of collector works well even on cloudy days and in temperatures as low as 40°F.
Solar heater circulation systems:
Once the water is heated, what do we do with it? This is where solar heater circulation systems come in to play. This is the way that the heated water circulates through your pool, providing a heated and comfortable swimming environment. There are four types of solar heater circulation systems:
- Direct circulation systems
- Forced circulation systems
- Indirect systems
- Passive systems
All of these systems are simple in design and they are effective. It would be best to contact a qualified Charlotte pool company, and speak with their representative to determine which circulation and collector system is best for your situation.
One of the best pool builders in Charlotte, NC
Carolina Pool Plastering offers many services to repair and remodel your pool, and the surrounding areas. Be sure to ask them about their many options and ideas for spas. They can help you with inspired ideas that will create a pool with enticing comfort zones, and extend your entertainment space. Retaining walls require special skill and experience that only comes from years in the business. A swimming pool can only increase the value of your home or business. To learn more about solar heater, or swimming pool construction and renovation, contact Carolina Pool Plastering, in Charlotte, NC.