Renovating your pool
A quality in-ground swimming pool can last for decades, but swimming pool construction and renovation is an eventual reality for all pool owners. You should expect that the structure of a well-built swimming pool should hold up for decades, but sooner or later, every pool needs some type of work done, either for practical reasons or for purely cosmetic ones. The following is a small sample of the most common reasons pool owners consider renovation:
- Pool materials such as the liner or decking become worn down and need to be replaced
- Aging systems such as the pump, filter, or wiring need to be brought up to current standards
- The design no longer meets the needs of the current owners
- The pool owner simply wants to add new features to their pool or spa
In the majority of cases, it is usually a combination of all of the above factors. Only one or two elements of the pool will actually need to be replaced, but technological upgrades are usually the driving force because the owners want to make their pool efficient and more appealing. Some pool owners start with a few modest refurbishments, and when they learn of all the new technologies, the project turns into a major renovation project in which the go all out?
Typical renovation jobs
There are as many different types of pools as there are pool owners, this is why pool renovations come in so many different forms. Consider the following list of some of the most common refurbishments that pool owners undertake:
- New or resurfaced pool deck
- Replacement of coping
- Liner replacement or wall resurfacing
- Addition of Solar or a safety pool cover
- Addition of aesthetic features such as a waterfall, lighting or bubblers.
- Addition or elimination of a diving board or water slide
- Installation or addition of a spa
- Conversion to salt water system
- Addition of sundry features such as a fire pit or swim-up bars
Everyone has different tastes, and you are only limited by your imagination and your budget. You can, add features, and even alter the shape and size of your pool. Contact a qualified Charlotte pool builder for creative and affordable ideas for your residential pool project.
One of the best pool builders in Charlotte, NC
Carolina Pool Plastering offers many services to repair and remodel your pool, and the surrounding areas. Be sure to ask them about their many options and ideas for spas. They can help you with inspired ideas that will create a pool with enticing comfort zones, and extend your entertainment space. Retaining walls require special skill and experience that only comes from years in the business. A swimming pool can only increase the value of your home or business. To learn more about swimming pool installation or maintenance, contact Carolina Pool Plastering, in Charlotte, NC.
Filed under: pool plastering
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!